Siemens SITRANS LPS200 rotary paddle switch detects full, empty or demand conditions on powder or dry bulk solids materials like as grain, feed, cement, plastic granulate and wood chips. This compact paddle switch has a short 3.94" (100mm) insertion length, and is capable of handling bulk densities as low as 6.25 Lb/Ft3 (100 g/l).
The LPS200 features a unique friction clutch mechanism. When the measuring vane encouters sudden resistance, the friction clutch slips to prevent internal component damage. Paddle sensitivity can be adjusted for varying material properties like buildup on the vane. Optional configurations are available with longer insertions, protection tubes, and for use in higher process temperatures and pressures, and an optional rectangular vane for sensing bulk densities down to 0.94 Lb/Ft3 (15 g/l).
- Key applications include grain, feed, cement, plastic granulate, and wood chips in heavy, sticky, or high-impact applications
- For bulk densities as low as 6.25 lb/ft3 (100 g/l) on standard compact model
- Also available in with protection tube for enhanced protection against sidewall buildup, angled extensions to 8.46", and top-mounting rope extension models for depths to 32.8 feet (10M)
- Good for point level detection in vessels with process temperatures to 176° F (80°C) and process pressures to 7.25 PSIG
- Microswitch or relay SPDT or DPDT contact
- Optional failsafe configuration detects loss of rotation, sends alarm on fault condition or component failure
- Available with NEMA4/IP65 epoxy-coated aluminum enclosure
- Choice of 1", 1.25" or 1.5" NPT threaded or 2" to 4" ASME flanged process connection
- Stainless steel process connection, measuring shaft, and vane
- SIL 2 functional safety in accordance with IEC 61508 and 61511
- CE, CSA, FM, ATEX approvals available