Siemens Pointek CLS300 is a capacitance level switch for detection of liquids, solids, slurries, foam and interfaces, in high pressure and temperature applications and works even when there's buildup on the probe. Its robust design makes it the right choice for heavy solids applications with abrasive materials. The fully potted electronics are unaffected by condesation, dust, and vibration.
The Pointek CLS300 standard rod version has three under-the-cover LED indicators with relay and solid-state switch alarms. It is rated for use in process temperatures to 392°F (200°C) and process pressure to 511 PSIG. A high temperature version is available for process temperatures to 752°F (400°C) .
The CLS300 switch responds to any material with a dielectric constant of 1.5 or more, by detecting a change in oscillating frequency. It can be set to detect before contact or on contact with the probe. The CLS300 operates independently of the tank wall or pipe so it does not require an external reference electrode for level detection in a non-conductive vessel such as concrete or plastic.
- Key applications include liquids, slurries, bulk solids, viscous materials, relatively high pressure and temperature, hazardous areas, milling and mining applications
- Inverse frequency shift capacitance switch with rod lengths from 9.8" to 40" (0.25 to 1 meter), with optional rod lengths from 9.8" to 39.3" (250 to 999 mm)
- Good for high/low point level monitoring in vessels with process temperatures to 392° F (200°C)
- Form C SPDT relay and solid state switch alarm outputs
- Three LED indicators under the lid for sensor status, output status, and power
- Power supply: 12 - 250 V AC/DC, max. 2 W
- Configure using potentiometers for trip point and delay, and dip switches for alarm output modes
- NEMA4/IP65 epoxy-coated aluminum enclosure with gasket, optional IP68. Optional 316L stainless steel thermal isolator
- Choice of 3/4" to 1/2" NPT threaded or 1" to 4" ASME flanged process connection
- Wetted parts: 316L stainless steel, PFA, PEEK isolators, FKM or FFKM O-rings
- CE, CSA, FM, ATEX approvals available