Siemens Pointek CLS100 is a compact two-wire capacitance switch for level detection in small spaces for conductive and non-conductive interfaces, solids, liquids, slurries and foam. Superior level detection performance due to the inverse frequency shift capacitance technology which is extremely sensitive to capacitance changes. Its short 4" insertion length and versatility in applications and in vessels or pipes makes it a good replacement for traditional capacitance sensors. Its fully potted design ensures reliable operation, even in vibrating environments, like agitated tanks up to 4g. When used with a SensGuard protection cover, the CLS100 is protected from shearing, impact and abrasion in tough primary processes.
The CLS100 capacitance switch comes standard with two level outputs, a two-wire current loop output, and a solid-state transistor, and is available in three material constructions. The integral cable version has a stainless steel process connection and probe options of PPS or PVDF. The fully synthetic version has a thermoplastic polyester enclosure with a PPS process connection and probe. The standard enclosure version has a thermoplastic polyester enclosure with a stainless steel process connection in with a PPS or PVDF probe.
- Key applications include liquids, slurries, powders, granules, food and pharmaceutical, chemical, and hazardous areas. Works on wet or dry solids, low or high viscosity liquids, high conductivity liquids, and foam
- High sensitivity, inverse frequency shift capacitance switch with short 4" insertion length
- Two-wire loop powered 4-20mA output is a two state output, either 4mA or 20mA
- Good for high/low point level monitoring in tanks with process temperatures to 212° F (100° C)
- Setpoint adjustment via 20-turn trim pot
- Available with NEMA4/IP68 thermoplastic body and lid enclosure version or NEMA 4/IP65 316L stainless steel integrated cable body version
- Choice of PPS or PVDF sensor
- Can be mounted vertically, angled, or horizontally
- LED indicators on or in enclosure show sensor status, output status, and power
- CE, CSA, FM, ATEX approvals available