K-Patents PR-23-AC Sanitary Refractometer for Pharmaceutical In-Line Concentration Measurement
K-Patents PR-23-AC sanitary refractometer measures Brix and liquid concentrations in hygienic installations and in small pipe line sizes up to 2.5 inches. Measurement range: Refractive Index (nD) 1.3200 – 1.5300.
K-Patents' PR-23-AC is a refractometer that meets pharmaceutical industry standards and guidelines, including PAT, GMP, CIP/SIP, 21 CFR Part 11 and validation. The PR-23-AC fulfills pharmaceutical drug production regulations for process wetted part materials, sealing, and surface roughness.
Its digital sensing technology is not affected by large amounts of suspended solids, bubbles or color changes. The PR-23-AC measurement range covers 0-100% by weight and has configurable low and high concentration alarms.
- Measurement range: Refractive Index (nD) 1.3200 – 1.5300 (0-100 Brix)
- Meets 3A Sanitary standard, tested for CIP cleanability per EHEDG; Sensor mounts with 2.5" sanitary tri-clamp connection
- Built-in Ethernet for datalogging to FDA 21 CFR Part 11 adherence
- Teflon and ceramics in sensor provides safe operation in higher process temperatures (max. 266 °F/130 °C) for effective heat transfer and isolation
- Universal calibration of each sensor; sensors freely interchangeable
- Approvals: ATEX Zone II, area classification EX II 3 G EEx nA II T4; ATEX Zones 0 and 1, area classification ATEX II 1G Ex ia IIC T4; FM Class I, Div. 2, Groups A, B, C and D, T6; CSA Class I, Div. 2, Groups A, B, C, and D, T4