WIKA Gayesco TC59-V V-Pad Tubeskin Thermocouple Assembly
The patented WIKA V-PAD® lets you accurately measure the surface temperature of a tube within a combustion furnace. Its V-shape enables a full penetration welded connection to be made between the sensor and the tube. Thermocouple types K, J, N, and E available for application temperatures 32° to 2300° F (0° to 1260° C). Features engineered block design, flexible sheathed cable with mineral-insulated internal leads.
The patented WIKA V-PAD® lets you accurately measure the surface temperature of a tube within a combustion furnace. Its V-shape enables a full penetration welded connection to be made between the sensor and the tube.
The flexible part of the sensor is a sheathed cable. It consists of a metal outer sheath, which contains the insulated internal leads, compressed within a high-density ceramic composition. The internal leads are made from thermo material. The material of the outer sheath can be selected to match the application.
At one end of the sheathed cable, the internal leads are welded together to form a non-insulated (grounded) measuring point. At the other end of the sheathed cable the ends of the leads are connected and the sheathed cable is hermetically sealed using a sealing compound. The lead ends form the platform for the electrical connection. Cables, plug-in connectors or connector sockets can be connected to them.
Sensor design: The tubeskin thermocouple is supplied with a non-insulated measuring point (grounded). Only in this way it is possible to ensure that the temperaturesensitive measuring point is positioned as close as possible to the tube surface. By welding the V-PAD® to the tube, the measuring point becomes part of the tube surface and provides accurate measuring results.
- Machined V-shaped block welded to the mineral insulated cable
- Compaction of the mineral insulation inside the V-Pad protects the measuring junction from radiant temperature influences
- No special machining of the V-shaped block is required to match the tube profile
- Thermocouple junction welded into the base of the V-Pad for maximum accuracy and fast response
- Engineering V-shaped block allows a full penetration weld between the junction and tube surface. This eliminates potential air gaps and substantial measurement inaccuracies.
- Application criteria:
- Designed for critical mid-wall accuracy applications
- Designed for use with crude, vacuum, and coker style furnace applications
- Field-proven for early coke detection to optimize operations and increase production
- Easy installation minimizes downtime
- Adaptable to any size of pipe due to V-shape, reducing spare parts inventory
- Grounded junction
- Longitudinal mounting onto tube