WIKA Gayesco TC59-R Refracto-Pad Tubeskin Thermocouple Assembly
The REFRACTO-PAD® tubeskin thermocouple assembly provides accurate temperature measurement of the combustion furnace tube. For application ranges 32° to 3200° F (0° to 1260° C). Flexible sheathed cable with mineral-insulated internal leads. Thermocouple types K, J, N, and E available with standard heat shields in stainless steel or Inconel 600. Spring-loaded or piston style sliding connection into the furnace.
WIKA's REFRACTO-PAD enables accurate temperature measurement of a combustion furnace tube.
The REFRACTO-PAD sensor hot end is a contoured weld-pad attached to a mineral-insulated cable (sheathed cable). It consists of a metal outer sheath, which contains the insulated internal leads, compressed within a high-density ceramic composition. The internal leads are made from thermo material. The material of the outer sheath can be selected to match the application. At one end of the sheathed cable, the internal leads are welded together to form an insulated (ungrounded) or non-insulated (grounded) measuring point.
A patented shield is placed over the weld-pad and sheathed cable. This shield is a key component for the REFRACTO-PAD®, providing accurate temperature measurement of the tube.
At one end of the sheathed cable, the ends of the leads are connected and the sheathed cable is hermetically sealed using a sealing compound. The lead ends form the platform for the electrical connection. Cables, plug-in connectors or connector sockets can be connected to them.
- Uses a combination of welded pad thermocouple and a heat shield
- Strong welded connection to the process tube
- Patented heat shield with highly opaque, molded insulation
- Shield and sensor profile designed to match tube curvature
- Shield protects the sensor cable, allows for quick routing out of the radiant heat to increase temperature sensor life
- Application Criteria:
- Designed for high heat flux or difficult applications, up to and including flame impingement
- Patented shielded design ensures reliable readings, even in harsh environments
- Grounded or ungrounded junction
- Radial or longitudinal mounting onto process tube