Siemens SITRANS P320 is a SIL-rated smart pressure transmitter specifically designed for applications where safety is critical: in industries such as chemical, oil and gas, and power generation. It can be used in industrial areas with extreme chemical and mechanical loads
It features an increased proof test interval (up to 15 years) over other available devices on the market, significantly lowering maintenance costs. Its fast response time optimizes the process efficiency by speeding up the control system’s response to changing application environments.
The SITRANS P320 can be ordered with a large integral HMI display that shows the device’s status at a glance. A display cover with a window lets you see the HMI without opening the transmitter case. Setup is convenient and quick through standard four-button programming. Support for NAMUR NE107 diagnostics and a quick start wizard are included.
SITRANS P320 transmitters are designed to replace older Siemens SITRANS P DS-III series transmitter models.
- Adjustable span 0.12 (0.4"wc) to 10153 PSI (gauge pressure models), 0.4"wc to 435 PSID (differential pressure models)
- 4-20 mA output with HART communications standard
- Rangeability and turndown of up to 100:1
- Response times 105 mS for pressure, 135 mS for differential pressure
- Accuracy to 0.065% span; Long-term stability to 0.125% span per year for 5 years
- Four pushbuttons under nameplate cover for configuration changes to the device; Integrated Quick Start wizard and parameter assignment using HART protocol and SIMATIC PDM
- Display includes process variable in your choice of engineering units, including % or mA, and a 12-character free text message; Symbols on display show NAMUR device failure or out-of-specification, maintenance alerts, function test, output signal failure, and event counters
- Display can rotate 360° for optimal viewing
- Diagnostic functions in accordance with NAMUR NE107
- NEMA 4X/IP66/IP68 diecast aluminum or precision-cast stainless steel electronics enclosure with removable circular cover at front and back and access to pushbuttons under nameplate cover
- Screw cover with window available for viewing the display without opening the cover
- Full compliance to SIL2 and SIL3 requirements per IEC 61508
- Threaded, flanged, or flush-mount diaphragm process connections
- FM, CSA, ATEX, SIL, NSF approvals available