Siemens SITRANS LR560 is a two-wire, 78 GHz FMCW radar level transmitter for continuous monitoring of solids in silos. The high frequency signal provides a very narrow beam, virtually no mounting nozzle noise, and optimal reflection from sloped solids. The lens antenna is highly resistant to product buildup, and the built-in air purge connection provides self-cleaning in applications with extremely sticky solids.
The removeable local display interface and Quick Start Wizard make configuration and operation simple. It also displays echo profiles for easy diagnostic support. LR560's high frequency operation makes aiming unnecessary, but an optional aluminum aiming flange helps direct the beam to any area of interest, like the discharge area of the silo cone.
- Key applications include cement powder, plastic powder or pellets, grain, coal, wood power, and fly ash, even those with extreme dust or process temperatures to 392°F
- Two-wire 78 GHz FMCW radar level transmitter with narrow 4° beam angle
- Good for continuous monitoring in tall tanks and silos from 15.75 inches to 328 feet (100 meters)
- Good for materials with dielectric constant greater than 1.6
- Process Intelligence signal processing for improved measurement reliability and Auto False Echo Suppression for fixed obstructions
- Program using Siemens' infrared intrinsically safe handheld programmer, local pushbutton display interface, SIMATIC PDM software and a PC, or HART handheld programmer
- NEMA 4X/NEMA 6/IP68 rated 316L stainless steel enclosure, stainless steel or aluminum flange, and PEI or PEEK lens material
- CE, CSA, FM, ATEX approvals available