Siemens Pointek CLS200 is a capacitance level switch with an integral flexible cable extension sensor for detection of liquids, solids, slurries, foam and interfaces, and works even when there's buildup on the probe. The cable version is designed for top mounting in tall tanks. The cable suspends vertically so it reaches into the process at your desired high or low detection and alarm level.
The Pointek CLS200 cable version has three under-the-cover LED indicators (power, sensor, output status) with basic relay and solid-state switch alarms outputs. The CLS200 is rated for use in process temperatures to 185°F (85°C). Add a thermal isolator for process temperatures to 257°F (125°C). Cable versions are rated for process pressure to 150 PSIG.
The CLS200 switch detects level by responding to any change in capacitance material with a dielectric constant of 1.5 or more, by detecting a change in its oscillating frequency. It can be set to detect before contact or on contact with the probe. The CLS200 operates independently of the tank wall or pipe so it does not require an external reference electrode for level detection in a non-conductive vessel such as concrete or plastic.
- Key applications include liquids, slurries, powders, granules, pressurized applications, and hazardous areas
- Inverse frequency shift capacitance technology for high sensitivity measurements
- Standard cable insertion lengths of 9.84 or 19.68 feet (3 or 6 meters), with optional cable lengths from 19.7" to 98.42 feet (0.5 to 30 meters)
- Good for high/low point level monitoring in tanks with process temperatures to 257° F (125° C)
- Form C SPDT relay and solid state switch alarm outputs
- Three LED indicators under the lid for sensor status, output status, and power
- Configure using potentiometers for trip point and delay, and dip switches for alarm output modes
- Available with NEMA4/IP65 epoxy-coated aluminum enclosure with gasket and optional 316L stainless steel thermal isolator
- Power supply: 12 - 250 V AC/DC, max. 2 W
- Choice of 3/4" to 1/2" NPT threaded or 1" to 4" ASME flanged process connection
- FEP jacketed cable with PPS or PVDF probe body, FMK or FFKM and PTFE wetted seals
- CE, CSA, FM, ATEX approvals available