Siemens Pointek CLS200 is a capacitance level switch with an integral compact or extended rigid rod sensor for detection of liquids, solids, slurries, foam and interfaces, and works even when there's buildup on the probe. Superior level detection performance due to the inverse frequency shift capacitance technology which is extremely sensitive to capacitance changes. The Pointek CLS200 standard rod version has three under-the-cover LED indicators (power, sensor status, output status) with relay and solid-state switch alarm outputs. The CLS200 is designed for use in process temperatures to 185°F (85°C). Add a thermal isolator for process temperatures to 257°F (125°C). Compact and extended rod versions are rated for process pressure to 365 PSIG.
The CLS200 switch responds to any material with a dielectric constant of 1.5 or more, by detecting a change in oscillating frequency. It can be set to detect before contact or on contact with the probe. The CLS200 operates independently of the tank wall or pipe so it does not require an external reference electrode for level detection in a non-conductive vessel such as concrete or plastic.
- Key applications include liquids, slurries, powders, granules, pressurized applications, and hazardous areas
- Standard insertion lengths from 3.86" to 78.74" (up to 216.53" optional)
- Good for high/low point level monitoring in tanks with process temperatures to 257° F (125° C)
- Form C SPDT relay and solid state switch alarm outputs
- Three LED indicators under the lid for sensor status, output status, and power
- Configure using potentiometers for trip point and delay, and dip switches for alarm output modes
- Power: 12 to 250 V AC/DC
- Available with NEMA4/IP65 epoxy-coated aluminum enclosure with gasket and optional 316L stainless steel thermal isolator
- Choice of 3/4" to 1/2" NPT threaded or 1" to 4" ASME flanged process connection
- 316L stainless steel probe with PPS or PVDF probe body
- CE, CSA, FM, ATEX approvals available