The Sensidyne Nephelometer is an advanced real-time aerosol dust monitor that accurately measures dust concentrations and total suspended particles (TSP), PM2.5, and PM10. This portable instrument accurately measures and records dust from 1-10,000 μg/m3 with resolution to 1 μg/m3.
The Nephelometer's internal pump system uses a sheath air feature to improve accuracy and prevent internal system contamination. Sheath air is clean filtered air that surrounds the aerosol stream to prevent particulates from circulating or depositing within the optic chamber. Sheath air prevents contamination caused by build-up and deposits, improves response time by containing the sample, and improves maintenance by keeping the optic chamber clean.
The handheld Sensidyne Nephelometer is commonly used in industrial or occupational hygiene area surveys, particulate matter studies, aerosol research studies, and immediate spot measurements. It can be used for crystalline silica monitoring using the K factor listed in the FAQ document. It is generally used in tandem with a personal sampling pump set for NIOSH Method 0600 studies to determine a proper correction, or K Factor, for your dust.
- Dust sample range: 0.1-10,000 μg/m3 with 1 μg/m3 resolution
- Selectable sample modes: 1-minute sample, 15 minute STEL, or continuous sampling
- Records K-Factor, environmental factor name, STEL, maximum, minimum, and average readings for each sample to the internal data log — maximum logging capacity 4000 records
- Sheath air feature prevents internal contamination and improves accuracy
- Temperature compensated, durable housing and minimal moving parts ensure reliability
- Easy-to-use nephelometer software (included with purchase) allows programming unique environmental profiles and recording sample data
- Long-life Lithium Ion batteries with 30-hour typical runtime, full charging time less than 3 hours