Honeywell’s next-generation Kromschroder BCU 4 Series (BCU 460, 465 and 480 models) are used for controlling, igniting, and monitoring impulse-controlled, modulating-controlled, or stage-controlled gas burners. They replace the earlier versions of the BCU460/465 and BCU480 burner controls. The BCU 4 series can be mounted close to industrial burners to facilitate system integration. Their fully electronic design lets the BCU units react quickly to various process requirements making them suitable for frequent cycling operation. The BCU 4 Series has a replaceable power module that facilitates SIL approval and helps extend product life.
The BCU burner control unit combines automatic burner control unit, ignition transformer, Automatic/Manual mode changeover, and operating and fault statuses readout in a compact metal housing. The display shows program status, unit parameters, and flame signal. You can perform diagnosis and adjust unit parameters via an optical interface. The BCU unit can be optionally configured with high temperature control, low NOx running mode, a valve proving system, and a bus module.
- Certified for intermittent or continuous operation and for systems up to SIL 3 (compliant with PL e)
- 4-digit 7-segment display
- Parameter chip card for easy replacement
- BCU 460/465 comes with 3 gas outputs, and BCU 480 comes with 4 gas outputs
- Capacity control optimized for high numbers of operating cycles
- Replaceable power module with wear parts
- Air valve control with semi-conductor output
- High temperature operation
- Valve proving system
- Failsafe bus communications within the protective system
- Optional inputs