The Jerguson JB and JX Series external cage magnetic level switches are equipped with a 316 stainless steel or ceramic displacer suspended from a spring on a stainless steel rod. The rod and magnet are attached to a spring, which contracts and extends freely within the pressure tube. The switching mechanism is installed inside the enclosure next to the pressure tube.
Jerguson's unique "tri-magnet" switches remain reliable even under severe vibration. The use of repelling magnetic fields creates a positive interlocking switch that resists vibration and compensates for any possible installation misalignment.
- Tri-magnet switching for reliable vibration-resistant measurement
- Flame and weatherproof
- Mercury free switches
- Tested to more than 850,000 cycles without failure
- Simple field upgrades that do not require new piping
- Temperature range from -50° to 455°C
- Compliant to ASME B31.1/B31.3 standards