When using a traditional ballcheck valve and commissioning a gage assembly when there is already liquid in the vessel, it is common for an operator to open the valve too quickly, causing the ballcheck to engage and the level gage to display a false level reading.
Jerguson's patented 360 series safety ballcheck valve is designed to alleviate this problem: its bypass mode seeks to remove guess work or operator error during commissioning. The quarter-turn position-visible handle provides clear operation status and a locking pin to secure its position.
Jerguson safety ballcheck valves are an essential component of a glass level gage assembly. In addition to isolation, safety ballcheck valves provide an automatic shut-off for glass level gage products in the event of a catastrophic glass or gasket failure. The Jerguson 360 series is designed as an updated replacement for the Jerguson 70BL and 70XL ballcheck valves.
- 900# ANSI pressure rating
- Clean-out port allows for quick inspection of internals or as a flushing port
- Lock-out/tag-out capable, standard
- Meets API Class V shut-off requirements
- Low emission certified to API 641 and ISO 15848-1
- All wetted components comply with NACE MR0103 and MR0175
- Compatible with Jerguson armored glass level gages — Call Lesman for help building your complete glass gage and safety valve assembly