Honeywell's new ControlEdge programmable logic controller is the first PLC in the industry to offer universal I/O with OPC UA protocol and built-in cyber security. It's designed to work with any SCADA system, and can be used with Honeywell Experion. Embedded cyber security features include secure boot to prevent uploading of unauthorized software, a built-in firewall, and a certified secure development lifecycle to ensure security. A common HMI for PLC and Experion means fewer operator and engineering stations, less hardware and wiring, reduced IT licensing, and less training with a common operator interface.
ControlEdge PLC provides faster system setup, testing and troubleshooting, flexible and scalable design, standardization with less hardware, investment protection and easier maintenance, built-in cyber security, seamless support, and reduced cost over the system's lifecycle.
- First PLC with 16-channel universal I/O (0/4-20 mA, AI/AO, 24 VDC DI/DO) for greater configuration flexibility and reduced engineering time
- Integrated with Experion, Honeywell's best-in-class distributed control, SCADA, and safety system
- Native controller redundancy and optional redundant power supplies
- Ethernet/IP, HART-IP Modbus/TCP and OPC UA protocols to connect to your HMI
- DNP3 SCADA protocol
- Best-in-class cyber security ensures safety of your system, personnel, and critical information
- Add up to 12 remote I/O racks with power supply and I/O scanner, all connected via Ethernet to a single CPU
- Powerful IEC 61131-3 programming environment