We Value Your Privacy
In our own words
If you care to read the legal jargon below, you'll find out exactly how
we're following the letter of the law when it comes to your private
information. If you don't want to read the legalese, here's the basic
- We don't rent or sell your personal information to anybody. That's
not the business we're in.
- We only share your personal information between our companies
(Lesman and RAECO), and only where it serves you for us to do so.
- If you tell us to stop mailing, faxing, or e-mailing you, we follow
your instructions immediately.
You can specify any mix you want
(Mail=Yes, Marketing Email=No, Shipping Confirmations by Email=Yes)
- If you change your mind, we update our records to allow the contact you want.
- When we send you an e-mail, you'll know it came from us, and have an
easy way to let us know if you don't want us to e-mail you anymore.
- When you opt out -- tell us you don't want messages from us anymore
-- we won't ask why. We'll just update our records right away to honor your request.
- Updating Your Preferences
- You may decide that, after giving Lesman permission to send you faxes and
e-mails, that you'd rather not be contacted that way. You can, at any time,
change your preferences by sending e-mail to
discontinue fax communications or
discontinue e-mail communications, or by using our
And now in legal-speak
- In Compliance with the Federal Trade Commission's
Act of 2003
The FTC requires that Lesman comply with laws regarding contacting
customers by e-mail for marketing purposes. The law covers e-mail whose
primary purpose is advertising or promoting a commercial product or service.
Please note, CAN-SPAM does not affect the ongoing e-mail conversations you
have with your sales, accounting, or support contacts at Lesman. These are considered
"transactional or relationship messages" that facilitate transactions or
update customers in existing business relationships, and are exempt from
CAN-SPAM Provisions and Requirements
- Lesman must use accurate routing information on the e-mail's To and From
lines, including the originating domain name and e-mail address, clearly
identifying the person who initiates the e-mail.
- Lesman must truly represent the content of the message in the subject line.
- Lesman must offer a clear Opt-Out method, including but not limited to:
a return e-mail address or an alternate internet response mechanism. We must
honor the Opt-Out request within 10 days of receiving it.
- All marketing e-mails must include Lesman's valid physical postal
- Lesman cannot harvest e-mail addresses from websites or web services,
generate e-mail addresses using a "dictionary attack" (combining names,
letters, or numbers into addresses), relay e-mails through a computer or
network without permission.
You can be assured that we will only share your information within the
scope of our organization. Our organization includes Lesman and RAECO offices in both Bensenville IL and
Butler WI, but does not include our manufacturer partners. We will not otherwise share,
sell, or rent individual personal information unless ordered so by a court
Because web forms do not allow for the inclusion of a written signature,
we have been informed that a digital verifier is sufficient to show
individual permission. That's why we ask for the year of your birth. This
information is used solely for verification of your request through our web
- In Compliance with the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) of 1991 and
the Junk Fax Prevention Act (JFPA) of 2004
The FCC require Lesman to comply to certain laws regarding contacting
customers by fax. By law, Lesman can fax marketing or advertising materials to
customers based on an existing business relationship, as long as we provide
adequate means for our customers to "opt out" of any future communications.
To Lesman and our affiliate, RAECO, for the
purpose of our business relationship with you, we may fax seminar announcements, product upgrade or safety
notices, and news about our services.
The JFPA includes a very broad definition of "existing business relationship"
which can include all people who have done business with us in the last seven
(7) years. Our definition is much more restrictive, as to only include current
customers: those who have purchased from Lesman
in the last 18 months, and those who have
inquired about products or requested quotations in the last three (3) months.
The JFPA also defines certain other qualifiers for valid business
- Proper identification: our company
name and legitimate phone/fax numbers must appear on top or bottom of all
faxes, including the time and date the fax is sent.
- Each marketing fax must contain a clear and conspicuous "Opt
Out" notice with a simple mechanism for our customers to send
their permissions to Lesman.
- As customers express their permission to fax or e-mail, Lesman must
comply in a timely manner. (We consider
that to be within a business week, as we normally send marketing faxes on a